In building a solid team, business owners face a very real challenge in a lack of credible, unbiased information. What you don’t know really limits your ability to hire, place, manage, and develop team members. Clear and accurate information that positions you to build and develop the best team possible is no less important in realizing future growth.
Are you looking for a way to hire correctly the first time, reduce turnover, and increase retention? Do you wish you had clear-cut information that would enable you to place your team members in positions where they’re the most effective and happy? Do you want to enhance the engagement and productivity of your team? Would discovering the specific areas for training and professional development that would deliver the greatest return on your investment appeal to you?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then accurate, non-biased, comprehensive and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission compliant assessments could be what you need.
Five key assessments lead the charge when building a great team is your intent:
- Behaviors (DISC): Behavioral assessments and effective training positions individuals to gain more understanding of themselves and others. They come to appreciate the differences in people and adapt their communication styles for more effective communication. Team members are also exposed to their time wasters, areas to improve and how they break down under pressure. When combined with effective coaching, team members learn how to manage these for superior performance Assessment results enhance the hiring process by revealing how an individual is likely to perform.
- Driving Forces (Motivators): An assessment that measures driving forces helps illuminate and amplify a person’s motivating factors. Motivators can be referred to as the aspects of life you’re passionate about, things you perceive as important or thoughts that inspire purpose and direction in life. Motivators are the drivers of our behaviors, or what motivates our actions. By combining coaching, training and the knowledge of motivators, you can position and encourage team members in ways that satisfy their inner drive right from the start. The results benefit both hiring and coaching initiatives by revealing why individuals act the way they do — what motivates their behavior.
- Emotional Intelligence: An EQ assessment helps identify how well a person manages emotions and relationships with others. It looks at a person’s emotional intelligence — the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions to facilitate higher levels of collaboration and productivity.
- Business Acumen Indicator: This assessment is unique in its ability to assess how astutely a person analyzes and interprets their experiences. A person’s acumen, or keenness and depth of perception or discernment, is directly related to their level of performance. The stronger a person’s acumen, the more aware they are of their reality in their external and internal worlds and the better they respond effectively to them. This report offers insight into the thought processes of the individual that affect performance and reveals what they can do, describing their capacity for superior performance.
- Competencies: This assessment describes what an individual’s strengths are in 25 research-based capacities, or personal skills, directly related to the business environment. The top skills outlined in the report highlight individuals’ well-developed capabilities and reveal the areas where they’re most effective. The results also provide a straightforward and easy way to close gaps in competencies necessary for top performance. When used as a benchmarking tool, this component helps ensure the inherent skills of each individual match the personal skills required by the job.
This suite of powerful assessments provides business owners and managers with the high-quality, unbiased information that’s critical in hiring, placing, managing, and developing team members. They provide a level of understanding and clarity you and your team can’t get anywhere else. Combined with professional development and training, this powerful information creates greater buy-in;
enhances communication and teamwork; and increases productivity, job satisfaction, and talent retention.
When administered properly, the positive impact of these assessments on business performance is exceptional.
If you’re going to hire effectively, understand where gaps in abilities exist, manage from a better understanding of your people, train with the greatest impact, retain talent, and build a team of top performers, then high-quality assessments are essential to your success.