One of the biggest challenges business owners face in building a team of top performers is a lack of credible and unbiased information. What you don’t know really limits your ability to hire, place, manage and develop the team members who contribute to your success.
- Are you looking for a way to hire correctly the first time, reduce turnover and increase retention?
- Do you wish you had access to clear-cut information enabling you to place team members in positions where they would be the most effective and happiest?
- Do you want to enhance the engagement and productivity of your team?
- Would discovering specific areas for training and professional development that would deliver the greatest return on your investment appeal to you?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then accurate, non-biased, comprehensive and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)-compliant assessments could be just what you need.
Five key assessments can help in building a great team:
1. Behaviors: Behavioral assessments and effective training position individuals to better understand themselves and others. They appreciate the differences in people and adapt their communication styles for more effective communication. Team members are also exposed to their time wasters, areas to improve and how they break down under pressure. Combined with effective coaching, team members learn to manage behaviors for superior performance. Assessment results enhance the hiring process by revealing how an individual is likely to perform2. .
2. Driving Forces (motivators): An assessment measuring driving forces helps illuminate and amplify a person’s motivating factors. Motivators are the aspects of life people are passionate about, things they perceive as important and provide them with purpose and direction. Motivators drive behaviors and motivate actions. By combining coaching, training and the knowledge of motivators, you can position and encourage team members in ways that satisfy their inner drives right from the start. The results benefit both hiring and coaching initiatives by revealing why individuals act the way they do and what motivates their behaviors.
3. Emotional Intelligence: An EQ assessment identifies how well a person manages the emotions that affect their relationships with others. Emotional intelligence is the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions to facilitate higher levels of collaboration and productivity.
4. Business Acumen Indicator: This assessment is unique in its ability to assess how astutely a person analyzes and interprets their experiences. A person’s acumen — or keenness and depth of perception or discernment — directly relates to their performance. The stronger the acumen, the more aware they are of their realities in both their external and internal worlds and the better they respond to them. This report provides insight into the thought processes of individuals that affect performance and reveals what they can do, describing their capacity for superior performance.
5. Competencies: This assessment describes an individual’s strengths in 25 research-based capacities or personal skills directly related to the business environment. The top skills outlined in the report highlight individuals’ well-developed capabilities and reveal the areas where they’re most effective. The results also provide a straightforward way to close gaps in competencies necessary for top performance. When used as a benchmarking tool, this component ensures the inherent skills of each individual match the personal skills required by the job.
This suite of powerful assessments provides business owners and managers with high-quality, unbiased information critical in successfully hiring, placing, managing and developing team members. The assessments provide a level of understanding and clarity you and your team can’t get anywhere else. Combined with professional development and training, this powerful information fosters greater
buy-in, communication and teamwork while also increasing productivity, job satisfaction and talent retention.
When administered well, the positive effects of these assessments on business performance can be exceptional. If you want to hire effectively, understand where gaps in abilities exist, manage from a better understanding of your people, train with the greatest impact, retain talent and build a team of top performers, then high-quality assessments are essential to your success.